FRAMING YOUR CAR ART
How you choose to frame your print is a personal thing. Most professional framers have a variety of frames and mattes available. Your framer can help you decide on the best frame and matte to suit your print, decor and budget.
We ship Michael's prints rolled in a poly sleeve in a hard-walled cardboard tube. Your framer will flatten your print before framing.
Protect your art.
Take your print to a certified framer. There, you'll find a selection of mattes, frames and glass to choose from. Whether you choose a wood (pictured) or metal frame, there are some things to keep in mind:
- Your print was shipped rolled. Our framer advised that a quick press in the dry mount press straightens everything out, without damaging the print, signature or embossing.
- UV glass is recommended to protect the print from fading, this is especially important if the print is being hung in a bright room. DO NOT hang your print in direct sunlight.
- Non-glare glass is available. It does cut down light reflections, but does not protect the art and does cut down on the brightness and clarity of the print.
- Ask for acid free matte(s).
- If your print was accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity, have it mounted to the framed print's backing in an envelope.
The frame should suit the art.
When choosing frame and matte styles and colors, keep in mind that they should enhance the art, rather than suit the decor.
Take the time to have your framer show you an assortment of color/style combinations within your budget. If in doubt, keep it simple. A brushed pewter or silver frame with a white or black outter matte and colored accent matte, works very well.
Don't be afraid of color.
With so many choices available, the urge to go with color mattes can be irresistable! And in all honesty, can make a beautiful work of art even better. So, we've taken a sampling of Michael's paintings and played around with some different color matte combinations. We hope this inspires you to be creative!
Or, we can have it framed for you.
If you want to recieve your print framed and ready to hang (US customers only), we've teamed up with a couple of our dealers. To order a framed print:
- Choose your print(s), and start your order by using the "Add to Cart" buttons.
- Come back to the "Framing" page.
- Choose your frame/matte combination and "Add to Cart".
- Finalize your order.
- You'll receive your framed print in 3-4 weeks.